Friday, September 23, 2016

Thinking Back

Well here I sit at the post office filling in while my son goes to the dr and runs some errands. It has been over two years since I had my heart attack, at which time I sort of retired from working. I am finding that I have forgotten a few things but they are starting to come back to my memory. One of the side effects of the medication I was on in the hospital is short term memory loss. Sometimes it feels more like every day memory loss. I was in the kitchen yesterday and I guess I said a couple of things I don' t remember saying. I couldn't recall them but had witnesses who said I did in fact say it. I know God has this in total control but it is so frustrating. I do thank God daily for permitting me more time on this earth to spend with my family. I think forgetting is also a part of  the aging process, after all I am 67 years young.

Raising grand kids is a challenge, a sacrifice and a joy. I love them dearly. They are so awesome at times and so not so awesome sometimes. No matter, hubby and I wouldn't change anything for the world. We have been married for 50 years and have been raising kids/grandkids for 46 years. Is there such a thing as " an empty nest " In your world? What is that anyway? Just kidding. Three more years and I will know the answer for myself.

I realize this blog reads more like a diary but I write what the Holy Spirit nudges me to put on here so it is what it is. I am going to close this one for now and get to work writing on my book.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne, I for one love reading your blog. It doesn't matter if it's in the form of a diary or in the form of a blog. You write what is placed on your heart by God, and that is what makes you unique. I love you my beautiful friend! ❤

    ReplyDelete